Xerxes was son of Darius the Great and Atossa , the daughter of Cyrus the Great . After his accession in October 485 BC, he suppressed the revolts in Egypt and Babylon that had broken out the year before and appointed his brother Achaemenes as governor or satrap over Egypt (Old Persian: khshathrapavan). In 484 BC, he took away from Babylon the golden statue of Bel ( Marduk , Merodach), the hands of which the rightful king of Babylon had to take a hold of on the first day of each year, and killed the priest who tried to get in his way. Therefore Xerxes does not bear the title of King in the Babylonian documents dated from his reign, but King of Persia and Media or simply King of countries (i.e. of the world). This proceeding led to two rebellions, probably in 484 BC and 479 BC.
She went to school today. The first grade. I took a picture when she was just about to leave the door with a beautiful smile. Future is calling you my love, keep smiling. She was going to dive into a world of mystery. I can hardly remember the day I attended in the classroom for the first time but I can still remember the sweet taste of the days when I was in the primary school. When everything and everybody was available all around and happiness was a part of our lives. The sad question which crossed my mind was: Would I be alive to see her graduated? Who knows? I hope she will be strong enough to deal with this jungle we call society.
Rightly said: The things we get in life can make us a living. The thing we give to people can make life. Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
Comments